Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Amazing Love

As I am writing this morning I am listening to the song; "Amazing Love, How could it be that a King would die for me?" My heart was challenged by the words "a King would die for me." As I take this week and look back to Calvary I need to remember that the King of Kings offered His life in my place on the cross. He died for my sins and for the sins of every human being that would be born into this world. We need to reflect on the significance of His death; the death of Christ provided the door of transformation for me. Read with me the declaration of Paul to the Colossians as He wanted them to reflect on the transformation and transition of their lives; "He (Jesus) has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed (transferred) us into the Kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins." (NKJV) Let us reflect on the power of this revelation of the death of Christ. The death of Christ on the cross "delivered us from the power of darkness." We were unable to free ourselves from evil practices, evil desires, evil attitudes, etc; but Christ came with authority and power and our deliverance was secured through His death. Let us never forget that Christ does not intend for us to live under the influence of darkness; He has brought to us the light of the Gospel and that light will direct our path into a deeper relationship with Christ. The next time you sing or read about the cross just remember that darkness has no authority on you as you walk in the deliverance of Christ. Not only has Christ delivered us from the power of darkness He has "transferred us into the Kingdom of the Son." You have changed kingdoms and you now live under the influence of a new King. You are now being led by the Spirit of truth who desires to bring you into deeper knowledge, deeper understanding, and deeper relationship with the King. My heart is bursting forth with praise and thanksgiving as I realize all that has been offered and provided to me through the death of Christ on the cross. Do not let the world's approach to this "holiday" take away the spiritual strength and significance of this special revelation to the family of God. The suffering of Jesus was not in vain; today we lift our voices and our hearts and we declare that we are grateful for all that He has provided for our journey with Him. We offer sincere and heartfelt gratitude for His willingness to die in our place and lay His life down for humanity. Would you take a moment and offer Him praise and adoration for the sacrifice that He made for this world which still is struggling under the powers of darkness? But I can report today that He still rules over the power of darkness and that there is hope for this generation in Christ Jesus our King and Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment