Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Uncertainty

Each and every day I am reminded about the awesome presence of God. He reveals Himself to me in so many ways that these ways cause me to offer thanksgiving to God for His presence in my life. But there are times in life in which we face the uncertainty of the future and we look to God for the peace and rest that only He can provide. As I was praying this morning I realized that the only way that I can face the uncertainty of the future is to reflect on the certainty of God. God is God no matter what is taking place around me and I must focus on the certainty of His promises that are declared in His Word. I sense that many of us are living in those times of uncertainty. Certainly our nation is going through uncertain times as we face the struggles with our economy, the threat of terrorism, the challenges with the presence of evil and now the concern with the outbreak of swine flu. But my concern goes deeper than just the concerns facing the nation; I am talking about the uncertainty that many of us are facing as individuals. Where will we look? Whom will we trust? Where will we place our confidence? In these uncertain times I am choosing to look to the certainty of God and realize that He has invited me to lean on Him and bring my cares to Him. He has invited me to "cast my care upon Him because He cares for me." Knowing that God truly cares offer me hope to trust Him with my needs. You need to remember that His care will not change regardless of the uncertainties that you are facing. You are not alone regardless of what you are facing today; God walks with you and God's love is extended toward you. Trust Him with your uncertainties and watch Him reveal Himself to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment