Friday, April 3, 2009

Desire for more of God

Philippians 2:13, "God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him." (NLT). Those of you who have heard me minister in a local church realize that today's thought is one that I declare often as I am sharing the Word of God. I truly believe that God is calling all of us to follow Him with strong passion and desire. All of us have the ability to release our passion/desire toward a goal, purpose or plan. We respond with passion to our family, our employment, our education, our political persuasion, our sports teams, and even our hobbies just to name a few. As I read this passage today I realized that the Word reminds us that "God is working in us." We do not have to do God's work for Him; He will work in me if I surrender my life to Him. Many of you are sensing God calling you closer to Him but you are afraid to make that full commitment. You are afraid because of the fear of failure; but remember it is not you at work in your life, it is God who is at work completing His plan and purpose. Second of all, it is God "giving you the desire and power to do what pleases Him." He is the source of our desire and power. He will provide the strength and courage that we need to follow Him with an obedient heart. I do not want us to feel irresponsible toward God but I want us to understand that God is taking the responsibility to finish what He has started in us if we will be willing to submit to the process of His Spirit. He is the One that is supplying the desire and power; I need to submit to Him and continue to open my heart and receive all that He is ready to deposit in my life. He will finish the project (my life and my relationship with Him) if I will recognize that He is the true source of all that I need. Take a moment today and sense the desire and power that God is releasing in your walk with Him. And when you sense that desire and power being released, respond in complete obedience and surrender in a spirit of praise and thanksgiving. Remember that God is at work in YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment