Thursday, April 23, 2009

Responding to God, Part 2

Our responsibility to respond to God is a great concern to me as I think about the need for America to be awakened from the state of "spiritual sleep." I do not write this in a spirit of criticism or judgmentalism but from a heart that is heavy with a burden/call from God to see the Spirit move in the hearts of people all across this nation. I truly believe that we are living in the season of revival/awakening if we will be willing to make the correct response to God. It is the enemy's strategy to lead us away from God while at the same time the Spirit is calling us closer to God. We must be aware of the tactics of the enemy and respond to those actions by a strong release of faith. I know that all of us go through times of weakness and spiritual fatigue; it is at those moments that we need the prayers and encouragement of the family of God. If we allow the enemy to run rampant in this world without responding to his challenge then we have failed in our responsibility to those who are looking to us for spiritual direction. I do not want to fall "asleep at the wheel" of my life. I do not want to allow the enemy to lead me down the path that will lead to eternal separation from God at the end of my life. I do not want to allow the enemy to cause me to fall short of the eternal purpose that God has planned for my life. You can rest assured that the enemy does not want you or me fulfilling the eternal plan that God has for our lives. He wants to circumvent, interfere, discourage, and even destroy our walk with God. But I have come to raise my voice in opposition to the strategy of the enemy. The Spirit is at work dispensing the tools that we need to reject and rebuke the strategies of the enemy. God is looking for those in this world who will follow the call of the Spirit and respond in obedience and humility. God will not conscript us into this response; our walk with God is one that comes from a heart that willingly surrenders to His will and way for our lives. God is aware of where He desires to lead us if only we would receive His leadership/direction into our hearts. This morning, I still hunger for His leadership in my life. I desire to follow Him and not allow the enemy to hinder my response to God. I hear the Spirit calling and I desire to lift my heart to Him in complete obedience. Join with me and cry out, "Lord, have Your way in my life. Show me the way that You desire for me to live." God will respond to that prayer if we speak it with a sincere desire to walk with Him in obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment