Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Transformation

Over the past several months God has touched my heart concerning transformation. Is that not the true purpose of Christ? The death of Christ opened the door of change; even the Biblical term "reconciliation" denotes the idea of exchange. We exchange our sins for His righteousness and we exchange spiritual death for life. I am both blessed and excited as I view the opportunity of transformation. I marvel at all of the change that has taken place in my life and I can anticipate the future change that will take place if I will continue my pursuit of the Kingdom of God. During prayer the Lord reminded me that I do not need to become confused and settle for less than true transformation. Is it possible that the modern day church has settled for outward manifestation rather than inward transformation? Possibly many of the readers of this blog have been in revival services with me and you know that I am not against the outward manifestations of the Spirit. But you will also have to agree that I also encourage people to press into the presence of God which provides the transformation that we truly need in our lives. We must see the need of allowing the Spirit to work in our lives in such a manner that He will develop us into the lifestyle of becoming lifetime learners. I believe that true disciples are those who are continually learning more of the truth that the teacher is sharing. We know that Christ is our true Teacher and that we need the truth that He is revealing to our lives. The truth of God will shape, mold, change and rearrange our lives until we reach the place of maturity in Christ. Do not grow indifferent toward discipleship which will continue producing the transformation that God has intended. The promise of the Spirit through Paul as He wrote the letter to the Philippians resonates in my heart this morning; "Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ." (NKJV) Rejoice in the fact that God will complete what He has started in us if we will only submit and surrender to the process of transformation. The service at Roberts Tabernacle was awesome last night. The altar was full of worshippers and seekers. Worship offers us the opportunity to seek for the strength of God as we face the trials of life. During the altar meeting people were receiving Christ as their Savior, believers were being baptized in the Spirit, spiritual enemies and obstacles were being overcome and believers were being encouraged. Always remember that God is able to meet whatever need that you may be facing in your life. He is truly Lord of All!

No comments:

Post a Comment