Friday, April 24, 2009

Responding to God, Part 3

I sense that I need to continue writing concerning our response to God. I know that much of what I feel is directed toward my personal walk with God as well as my response to His direction. I don't believe that I am walking in disobedience or opposition to the direction of God; but I do feel that the times in which we are living are demanding that I (we) take the right actions towards the unction of the Spirit. This morning I also sense that the Spirit is reminding me that God is not looking for some "learned" or "programmed" response that I have developed over the years. It is easy to fall into the practice (habit) of responding to God out of routine or ritual. Did Christ die for a group of Christian robots who respond to Him out of routine? I believe that He died for people who would desire to respond to God with a heart that is full of love, passion and desire for a more intimate relationship with Him. I feel that God is sending a "wake-up" call to the Christians in America. We are seeing the impact of Christianity eroding every day in our nation as we hear the news reports of the day's activities. We see the effect of the enemy's tactics in our homes, families, churches and communities. How will we respond to these activities of the enemy? How will we respond to the spiritual alarm that God is sounding through the voice of the Ministry of the Body of Christ? We must lay aside all of the weight and sin that hinders us and we must run the race of life with strong endurance and determination to please Christ who has redeemed us. I for one am ready to turn my attention to Christ with renewed fervor and desire. This desire will lead me not just to hear what He is saying but this desire will lead me to put into practice those principles that God is speaking. Will I (we) have the courage to follow Him or will I (we) find myself just going through the motions/learned practices of the Christian way? As for me, I have chosen to make the decision that I will do my best to respond to the Voice of God in obedience and surrender. As we end this week, take a moment and ask God to give you the strength to do what is correct regarding your walk and journey with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment