Thursday, August 5, 2010

Laying Down our Burdens

Last night my wife taught the adult Bible Study class at New River Worship Center.  The Spirit through her challenged us to be willing to lay aside any "baggage" that would hinder our journey with God.  She compared our lives to a traveler who is standing at the baggage claim area in the airport.  The conveyor is moving around all sizes of luggage, all types of luggage, and all weights of luggage.  The passengers are surveying the conveyor trying to identify what piece or pieces of luggage belongs to them.  Daily life presents to us many opportunities to pick up all sorts of baggage that will hinder our walk with God.  I have to be willing to make the proper choice and not allow my life to become over-burdened with the struggles and challenges of daily living.  I want to run this race of life in a manner that is pleasing to Christ; that means at certain intervals on the journey I have to take the time and examine the load that I am carrying.  Anything that hinders me or slows me down needs to be laid aside so that I can continue to make the appropriate progress in my walk with Christ.  Take the time today to inventory the load that you are carrying and see what God would have you to lay aside.  We must be free to run a successful race which will bring us into the presence of God both in the eternal realm as well as the present reality that God is with us at this very moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment