Monday, August 16, 2010

Obedience

This week finds me in Cottondale, AL (suburb of Tuscaloosa) at the Cottondale Community Church with Pastor Ron & Pam Martin.  The Martin's as well as the local church body offered me a warm welcome into the fellowship of the church body in the services on Sunday.  The presence and anointing of the Spirit was very powerful as we lifted our voices in Praise and Prayer.  I am truly convinced that God desires to hear the voices of His children lifted up to Him in the spirit of Praise and Worship.  We must not allow the "cares of life" to rob us of our desire to lift up the name of Jesus.  He is still worthy of our Praise regardless of the circumstances of life that we are facing at any particular moment. I encourage you to find an opportunity every day to offer your personal thanksgiving to God for all of the blessings that He has bestowed on you. 

I walked in the freedom of the Spirit as I shared the Word of God.  God spoke to the hearts of many people as they responded to the call of the Spirit.  A heart of obedience led them to bring their needs to the altar; the Spirit ministered to these individuals as God began to meet the needs of His children.  We must always remember that God is truly interested in the circumstances that we are facing.  God desires to draw near to us even at the most difficult times of our lives.  We must continue to walk in trust, surrender, and obedience to God.  I am looking forward to the remaining services of this week at the Cottondale church.  The atmosphere is charged with the presence of the Holy Spirit; I desire to walk in the favor of God.  Will you join with me in declaring the favor of God over your life?  God is at work and we must respond in obedience to His Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment