Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekend Services

This week finds me in Radcliff, KY.  I am serving as Evangelist for a Kingdom Celebration at New River Worship Center.  New River is the church plant in which I am assisting.  The services on Sunday were wonderful as people gathered to celebrate the greatness of our God and to celebrate the provisions that have been declared for us in the Kingdom of God.  We are able to recognize and notice the effect of darkness but through our faith and response to God we are able to identify the promises and blessings of the Kingdom of God.  I choose to focus on the effect of the Kingdom of God; I understand that the power of darkness is at work in our culture but I also recognize the effect of the Spirit of God on the lives of individuals.

I am still encouraged to see people respond to the call of the Spirit during the altar invitation.  I still believe in the importance of the altar invitation; people need to have the opportunity to respond to the provision that is declared in the Word of God.  I am able to see people of all ages, all races, all socio-economic backgrounds, all educational levels, etc. respond to the call of the Holy Spirit.  Yesterday I was able to see this happen once more in the service at New River Worship Center.  After all of these years of being a Gospel Minister, I am still amazed at the release of the Love of God in a Worship service.  After all of these years I am still amazed at the willing and obedient response of people to the presence of the Love of God.  After all of these years I am still amazed when people say no to the lies of satan and say YES to the promises of God.  Yesterday we were able to see people receive in their lives the deposit of Life that God had prepared for them as individuals. Just as a Mother enjoys preparing the favorite meal for her children so does our Heavenly Father prepare blessings with each individual in mind.  Oh, how we can rejoice in the power and presence of the Love of God that surrounds us on a daily basis!

Take a moment today and reflect on the understanding that you are important to God as an individual. God prepares a service with you in mind.  God prepares the declaration of the Word of God with you in mind.  God prepares the Worship songs with you in mind.  It is no wonder that we go to church and shout out praise to our Most High God.  Rejoice, you are important to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment