Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Message of the Gospel

In recent months I have been challenged by the Spirit of God concerning the need to declare the message of the Gospel to the world in which we live.  There is such a flood of strange doctrines, the plurality of gods (little g), and the philosophies of man.  I sense that the world is ready to hear the truth concerning Jesus Christ and the provision that He has made for humanity.  I was awakened this morning with this thought in my soul; "The Gospel is a simple message but yet a very profound message."  The profoundness of the truth can get lost in the simplicity of its concept.  I believe that the message was created to be simple so that we would be able to accept its principles and respond in faith to the awesome release of God's love toward our lives.  I am glad that I received the truth of the Gospel into my heart and I am thankful that I have a desire to share that truth with others.  We can not afford to keep the message of the Gospel confined within the walls of the church building.  We must restore and resurrect the courage and the boldness to declare the love of God for a world that is walking in darkness and needing to hear the liberating truth of God.

I would like for you to take a moment and read this profound truth that is found in Romans 5:6-8, "For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.  For one will scarcely die for a righteous person--though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die--but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (ESV).  Don't you believe that message should be declared in the power of God's love and grace?  Oh God, continue to give me the strength to share the "good news" of the Gospel!  Let us agree in prayer that the message of the Gospel will be declared through the lives of believers all across this nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment