Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Obedience, Part 2

The service last night was charged with the presence of the Holy Spirit.  The Youth Drama Team done an excellent job pointing us to the cross and to the provision that was made for us as Jesus suffered and died for all of mankind.  Once more I was reminded of my inability to fully explain and understand the depth of the love of God for myself as well as for others.  The cross serves as a reminder of the love of God for fallen humanity.  We must never forget that a great price was paid for our spiritual freedom and we need to recognize the love from God that is being extended and released to us even in this day and time.  The cross still speaks in power and authority to this generation; we can put our confidence and trust in God as we look to Him for guidance and direction. 

This question often arises in the hearts and minds of individuals; "What does God require in exchange for His love and grace?"  I will offer a simple answer to that question.  I believe that God simply asks for trust, faith, surrender, and obedience.  I know that many of you could add more of a detailed list for this question that I posed but I want to focus on our need to trust and obey.  Trust and obedience still opens the door of our life to the awesome presence of God that is able to make a difference in our circumstances.  In my opinion there is no way to skip over these two critical principles of the Word of God.  My response to God is an act of faith; I hear the promises of God and in faith I respond to those promises.  The release of our faith is an act of obedience that says to God that we fully believe what He has declared to us and that we are responding to those declarations.  In our world of modern conveniences and modern technology we are still being called to look to God with eyes and hearts of expectation that He has the power to meet the needs that we have in our lives.  I encourage you today to continue releasing your faith and watch God work in your life.  It is such a reward and encouragement to see people respond in faith and in doing so they are saying that God is greater than the circumstances that they are facing at the present time.  Each individuals obedience serves to encourage others to believe that with God all things are possible!  Be prepared to release your faith today.

No comments:

Post a Comment