Monday, February 14, 2011

Love

I have two thoughts that I would like to share today. First of all, I desire to wish my wonderful wife, Ann, a Happy Valentine's Day. Ann has been the love of my life for almost 39 years. She has been and continues to be my number one cheerleader and encourager. She has been and continues to be my number one prayer partner. She has been and continues to be my number one confidant and my best friend. I am truly grateful that God brought us together and that He has blessed our marriage with many wonderful blessings. I desire to continue showing my wife how much I love her through the daily commitment of my life to her and to our marriage. I take seriously the wedding vows that I made in 1972 and I am committed to fulfill those vows to the best of my ability. I also wanted to remind you that the Love of God is the true example of sacrificial love. Jesus gave His life as a willing sacrifice for the sins of mankind. It is no wonder that the Bible reminds men to love their wives as Christ loved the church. He demonstrated His love for His people. Your spouse needs more than greeting cards, flowers, jewelry, or a nice meal. Your spouse needs your commitment to them and the daily demonstration of your love for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment