Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Weekend Review

Friday and Saturday found me investing my time with special friends and family. I almost wrote the word "spending" rather than investing. My time with my family and friends was truly an investment in the purest sense of that word. The time invested those two days was a credit to my life and not a debit. A deep sense of joy was added to my life and not subtracted. Look at time with your family and friends as a benefit to you and not a detriment. I am a better person today because of the investment that I made in the lives of people who mean so very much to me. I am determined to take advantage of any moments in the future in which I am given the opportunity to interact with those people that are an important part of my life. Life is too short to miss those moments or to completely ignore those moments. Sunday found me sharing the Word of God in New River Worship Center in Radcliff, KY (church plant). Truly the presence of the Lord was very evident in every aspect of the meeting. God is releasing a great work in the heart of believers in Radcliff as well as other cities around the world. We must become more sensitive to those things that God is releasing in His Kingdom. One line of a worship chorus declares "Open the eyes of my heart...". We truly need our spiritual eyes need to be opened to those things that come from God. We are living in perilous (dangerous) times and we do not need to be unaware and unresponsive to the leading of the Holy Spirit. We must remember that our Hope is in the Lord and not the systems of the world. The systems of the world will only add to our level of frustration but the leading of the Spirit will bring rest and peace in Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment