Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday's Challenge

Earlier this morning I was involved in a conversation with my father who lives in Alabama.  My dad is a retired Minister (over 60 years of service in the Kingdom of God).  In the past few days he was given the opportunity to share the Word of God (preaching) in the local church that he attends.  He shared with me, with much passion and zeal I might add, the Word that God had placed on his heart.  I was going to share another thought today but as I prayed the Lord began to sow  this word into my heart and spirit.  

We love to quote the writings of Paul in which he talked about "...resist the devil, and he will flee from you..."  (James 4:7).  There are many occasions in which we love to quote the last section of this verse while we completely overlook or disregard the opening words of the passage; "Therefore submit to God" (NJKV).  As I listened to my dad expound upon the Word that God placed on his heart I began to hear the Holy Spirit remind me of the opening challenge in this writing of the Spirit through Paul.  The victories that I need to win can only be won as I prepare my heart in surrender and submission to the Heavenly Father.  The NLT says these words in this manner, "So humble yourselves before God..."  Either of these translations remind us of the need to walk in humility and submission to our "Abba Father."  Surrender or submission to the Father provides the strength and unction that we need to overcome the temptations and tactics of the enemy.  I may have the desire to overcome the enemy but do I possess that same desire for God to take full control of my life as I willingly offer my life to Him in the order of a living sacrifice?  I am a living sacrifice but I willingly die out (crucify the flesh) to those things which hinder my spiritual progress and my relationship with the Heavenly Father. This spiritual maturity comes as I allow the true Holiness of God to manifest in my daily lifestyle and I become willing to lay aside any and every thing that does not fully reflect His glory.  I fully believe that type of heart of surrender and submission opens the door for us to triumph over all the strategies of the enemy.  I firmly believe that type of heart allows us to declare "...that greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world."  Each of us need to answer the call from God to fully surrender our lives to Him so that the power and authority of Christ can flow through us as we face those moments in which we need to resist the tempter who has come to dissuade us from the faith.  I have said this before but it is worth repeating; "The Lord has prepared for our victory and not our defeat."  I truly desire to walk in humility and surrender to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, so that I can over come all that the enemy puts in my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment