Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hope, Part 3

Each of us face situations or challenges in which our hope needs to be strengthened.  Life can present us with some daunting circumstances in which we have to take a deep breath and refocus our attention on God and His wonderful promises found in His Word.  This morning I felt that the Spirit led me to share His Word rather than my words.  The words that I may write or speak are limited and they do not possess the ability to provide the miracle that you need but the WORDS of our Heavenly Father are unlimited in their ability to provide what we need.  This morning I will share some passages of scripture that I sensed the Lord place in my heart.

Psalm 39:7, "But now, Lord, what do I look for?  My hope is in you." (NIV)

Psalm 71:5-6, "For you have been my hope, Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth. From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother's womb.  I will ever praise you." (NIV)

Psalm 119:145-149, "I call with all my heart; answer me, Lord, and I will obey your decrees.  I call out to you; save me and I will keep your statutes.  I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word.  My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises.  Hear my voice in accordance with your love; preserve my life, Lord, according to your laws." (NIV)

Romans 5:5, "And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us." (NIV)

Ephesians 1:17-18, "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spiritt of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people," (NIV)

I Timothy 1:1, "Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the command of God our Savior and of Christ Jesus our hope," (NIV)

Hebrews 6:18-19, "God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged.  We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek." (NIV)

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment