Thursday, May 17, 2012

Praise

Those of you who read this blog on a consistent basis know that I have written about the importance of prayer on many previous occasions.  This morning I sensed that the Spirit wanted to remind all of us about the power and strength of Praise.  It is easy for praise and thanksgiving to get lost in all of the daily challenges that we face.  There have been times in my life in which I found it easier to pray than I did to praise.  I could see all that I needed and failed to see all that God had provided.  It is easy to forget  the great blessings and providence of God that He has shared with us throughout our life.  That is why the praise we offer to God for what he has done for us is so important.  Praise is a time when we rehearse and remember the great things God has done and remember the great God he has been in the past and has promised to be in our future.  It helps us acknowledge that God is and was and will be the great Provider and Shepherd for his sheep.  Praise should always play an integral role in our times of communication with God.  We can not afford to overlook that wonderful principle which will make a difference in our walk with God.  Psalm 34:1, "I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth." (NKJV)  Take a few moments out of your daily schedule and offer God heartfelt praise, adoration, and thanksgiving.  I truly believe that you will notice a change in your attitude toward God as well as your attitude toward life.

No comments:

Post a Comment