Monday, May 7, 2012

Reflections from Sunday

Yesterday was unique in which I felt a strong unction from God to challenge the people to recognize the role that we fill in this world.  Each of us need to recognize the fact that we needed a Savior to deliver us from the power of sin.  We were living in the bondage to sin and sin was directing the course of our lives but the divine intervention of Christ brought the freedom that we needed.  I rejoice in the fact that the Spirit convicted me of my sins and brought the revelation of Christ into my heart.  We are approaching Mother's Day but yesterday I felt an unction to challenge the men to accept their place of responsibility in the midst of this sinful world.  God is calling the men of our nation to walk in truth and become a godly example to their wife, their children, their church family, and to the community in which they live.  I truly believe that there are men who will answer that call and surrender their life to Christ.  I want to share with you a portion of a devotional that confirmed that unction that I felt in my heart and spirit.  I read this devotional this morning (Monday).

Teach the older men to be temperate, worthy of respect, self-controlled, and sound in faith, in love, and in endurance. Titus 2:2

Worthy of respect! What a goal for our lives whether we are men or women! Don't you want your life to reflect the character of God because our faith expresses itself in a life of self-control and godliness? This work of the Spirit in our lives happens only as we dedicate ourselves to being what He is at work trying to accomplish in us.

Father, please strengthen me through your Spirit so that I may gain better control of my passions, my speech, my example, and my habits. Help me put to death the things that would rob me of my spiritual passion and my influence for good to those who do not know Jesus. Make my faith stronger as I try to lovingly treat others and persevere in faith through difficult times. 
Let me add a hearty AMEN to these words from Ron Allen.

No comments:

Post a Comment