Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Value of Your Mother

We are approaching the celebration of Mother's Day.  Over the next few days I want you to reflect on the valuable influence that your Mother has been to your life.  Some of you have witnessed the transition of your Mother to her eternal reward while others of us are blessed to still have the presence of our Mother's in our lives.  Regardless of your circumstances take a moment and remind yourself about this special woman who has assisted in the shaping of your character.  We have been blessed with women who possessed and still possesses a strong relationship with Jesus Christ.

Take a moment and read this note of thankfulness.  I am unsure of the author.

Dear Mom:

As I walk through my museum of memories,

I owe you...for your TIME. You gave me constantly day and night.

I owe you...for your EXAMPLE.  You lived a life that was consistent and dependable.

I owe you...for your SUPPORT. You always were there encouraging and challenging
.
I owe you...for your HUMOR.  It was perfectly quick and lifting the moment.

I owe you...for your COUNSEL. It was so wise and quiet.

I owe you...for your HUMILITY. You were always genuine and gracious.

I owe you...for your HOSPITALITY. Your home and table were smiling and warm.

I owe you...for your INSIGHT. Your thoughts were so keen and honest.

I owe you...for your FLEXIBILITY. Your life was always patient and joyful.

I owe you...for your SACRIFICES. The countless times you gave of yourself that were so quickly forgotten.

I owe you...for your FAITH. Your relationship to the Lord was so solid and sure
.
I owe you...for your HOPE. You always radiated a ceaseless and indestructible confidence.

I owe you...for your LOVE. It was so devoted and deep.

We thank God for our Godly Mothers!

No comments:

Post a Comment