Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Wonderful Knowledge of God

I want to share a verse that was read by our Call to Worship leader this past Sunday morning at New River Worship Center.  Psalm 139:1-2, "O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.  You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar." (NIV)  WOW!  This passage is a powerful reminder of the all knowing ability of our God as He observes and intervenes in our lives.

This passage reminds me of my need to take time and look at the interest that God has in my life.  In taking time to take a fresh look at God it allows me to understand that God is watching over me.  I am truly overwhelmed to recognize the fact that the Lord God Almighty is truly aware of my daily walk through life.  He is always awake and I know this because according to the Bible He never sleeps.  My wife and I have a designated time that we arise in the morning and God is aware of that time before the alarm ever sounds.  The time in which we retire for the evening is more fluid; our time of going to bed depends on our schedule and activities of the day.  Yet God possesses enough flexibility to make that adjustment without ever missing one moment of our lives.  These two examples are given to us so that we can identify the sincere and true love, care, and concern that God has for each of us.  This passage of scripture allow us to reflect on the greatness of God as it compares to the busyness of our daily lives.  Our daily lives can be very hectic and busy yet in the midst of all that activity stands God watching over us.  God is the ultimate sentry who stands watch over us and I offer praise and glory to Him today for that wonderful and life-changing promise.  Walk in the strength of that promise as you face this day which will undoubtedly be full of various activities.  The words of a song declares "...His eyes are on the sparrow and I know He watches over me..."  We can trust in the promises of Psalm 139!

National Day of Prayer, Thursday, May 3rd!  Will you participate?

No comments:

Post a Comment