Friday, November 9, 2012

Blessed Assurance, Part 3

I have been walking in the promises of Blessed Assurance over the past few weeks. That is one of the reasons that the song by that title spoke to my heart a few days ago. I am always amazed at the "freshness" of the promises of God that we sense and feel as we face those trying moments in which we need special strength from God. I have faced and continue to face some medical issues (all of the tests results are not in as of yet) but I can sense and feel the assurance of God. I realize that I am not alone (not just physically, I am surrounded by a wonderful family and an awesome circle of friends) but that Christ is with me every step of the way. Ann and I have sensed the strength of God and much of that has been revealed through the prayer support and encouraging words of the family of God. We can rejoice in the fact that God is alive and that He is at work in our daily lives. I give God praise and honor this morning for His wonderful presence.
 
The Blessed Assurance of  God reminds us that His love is eternal. In difficult times, we can remember that God will meet all of our needs, is always with us, and loves us forever. Though Jesus said we would face troubles in this life, He offered encouragement: The ultimate victory is His. So keep in mind that trials are fleeting, whereas our Father's love is forever. Regardless of our circumstances or poor decisions, His care is unconditional--even when we face those daunting challenges in our lives.  We can certainly trust in the love of God that is revealed in His Blessed Assurance.  I can encourage you today to place your confidence in God and realize that His Love is not fickle or short-term.  God's Love will be consistently revealed to each of us as we take the time to recognize His presence.  Look for the revelation of His love today and watch your attitude change as you face your set of daily struggles and challenges.  The Love of God is real and the Love of God will make a definite impact in your life.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment