Monday, November 26, 2012

Weekend Review

First of all, I am truly thankful for the presence of God that was revealed in the services on Sunday.  It is always a blessing to see people respond to the invitation from God to receive His ministering presence into their lives.  It is also a pleasure, blessing, and inspiration to gather with people who desire to offer authentic and sincere praise to our Heavenly Father.  I believe that I witnessed that realization in both of the services that I attended on Sunday.
 
I believe that God is dealing with my heart concerning the need to be connected with His heart.  David was called a "man after God's heart."  Paul declared that he was reaching "for the prize of the high calling of God that is in Christ Jesus."  Jesus warned us that it is possible that we could "draw near to God with our words, yet our hearts could be far from Him."  Is it possible that we can learn the correct words to say and our hearts remain disconnected from God?  Is it possible that I can speak what others need to hear and yet not hear the message as an individual believer?  In all honesty I believe the answer to the questions that I posed is a resounding YES.  Yes, each of us can be  around Christ and never fully know Him.  Does the New Testament prove that hypothesis to be correct?  People saw Christ, people heard Christ, and people followed after Christ but many of them never knew Him as their Lord and Savior.  Judas set in the same circle of influence and heard the same teaching as the other disciples yet he chose to surrender his life to the plan of satan rather than choosing to surrender his life to Christ.  The choice is ours to make!  Will we (I) make the right decision about following God with "all of our heart?"  Will we (I) choose to surrender our life to Christ or will we (I) choose to walk after the temporary things of life and ignore the eternal?  I sincerely ask that each of us give serious consideration to the questions that the Spirit is posing today.  Our eternal destiny depends on us making the correct decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment