Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful

We have turned the pages of the calendar to the month of November.  It is difficult to imagine that we only have two months left in the year of 2012.  What will I do with these remaining hours of this year?  How will I handle the daily challenges of life that will come into my life?  How will I assist others as they face their own set of unique situations?  How will I prepare my heart to minister the Gospel over the next two months?  I had something else on my mind when I prepared to share my thoughts on the blog today.  But it seemed that the Spirit quickened my heart to thankfulness as I began to type.  I must confess, I paused to ask myself this question, "Am I truly thankful and appreciative of all that God has provided for me or do I just speak those words because they sound like the language that a Christian should use?"  This is a long question but it does contain a difficult answer.  Do I speak to God with a true sense of gratitude or do I just speak the words of praise and thanksgiving so that I can be heard by those around me?  The Bible says that he knows the intent of my heart as well as the words that flow from my mouth.  I believe that God examines the intent as well as the content of the words that I express to Him.  I truly want to be grateful for all that God has provided in my life and I desire that the Holy Spirit correct me when I speak to be heard of man rather than to be heard of God. 
 
Psalm 19:14, "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and Redeemer." (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment