Thursday, September 5, 2013

Examining YOUR Level of Passion

"Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:11-12

I am a person that sets high standards of expectation for myself. I don't remember when that first became a part of my life unless it began when I was in school. I not only desired to make a "good" grade I desired to make the best possible grade that I could. I soon learned to realize and identify the fact of whether or not I had done my best or whether or not I was content  to obtain a "passing" grade.  I soon developed the attitude that I would not accept "just passing" as the measurement for my educational pursuits. You may have different feelings concerning this proposition that I am setting forth but I chose to live my life with a drive to not settle for anything less than my best effort. 

I trust that I have carried that same zeal and desire into the other stages of my life and especially into the development of my relationship with Jesus Christ. The people that I have known through the years can make a better judgment about the results of my life and I will leave it to them to define my spiritual legacy. This post is not about my legacy or necessarily looking for words of affirmation. No, it is about reminding us of the need to "love God will ALL (emphasis mine) of our heart, soul, mind, and strength..."  I believe that type of love relationship will have to be one that is fueled and filled with fervor, passion and a strong desire to please God. We can not afford to settle for the status quo and settle for anything less than offering our very best to our Savior and Lord. The Prophet Malachi shared a Word of correction with Israel because they offered to God their inferior sacrifices rather than the best of the flocks. Will we be judged by any less of a standard when it comes to our walk and journey with Christ? Take a moment and reflect on the Words of the Apostle Paul in his letter to the church at Corinth. I believe that the scripture passage for today will challenge and encourage us to seek to offer our very best service to our Savior!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment