Monday, September 30, 2013

Releasing our Faith

Mark 9:24, "Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!” (NKJV)
 
This past week has found me with the wonderful opportunity of encouraging people to be courageous and release their faith even in the midst of challenges and difficulties. I was privileged to serve as an Evangelist in a few nights of a "revival meeting" in Hopkinsville as well as preach two services at New River in Radcliff. It is always an awesome privilege to preach the Word of God with boldness and confidence. I am not bold or confident in my abilities, techniques, or personality but I am confident in the subject matter that I am presenting; namely, the powerful message of the Gospel. I am among many who believe that Christ is still the answer for the needs of our society. I understand that we are being encouraged to "trust in ourselves" and even in some cases we are being encouraged to trust in other so called "gods" to meet our needs. But I am making the choice to put my confidence and trust in the True and Living God who reigns over the affairs of mankind. Will you join with me in putting your complete trust in God who has a definite plan of success for your life? My responsibility hinges on the fact that I just need to live in complete surrender to the King and willingly surrender my life to His direction. The willingness to live a surrendered life to Christ will draw the ire and angst of the enemy to say the least but it will also draw the attention and favor of God.
 
Over the past few services I have witnessed people who made the courageous and bold decision to ignore the tactics and lies of satan. They willfully chose to walk in the freedom of the Spirit and respond to the call that they heard from the Holy Spirit. The old song declared, "Whose report will you believe? I shall believe the report of the Lord." I observed individuals who chose to believe the "report of the Lord" (the Word of God). I observed individuals who chose to reject the report of the doctor; they chose to ignore the advice of so called friends; and they even chose to defeat the forces of their own thoughts and feelings. How were they able to make these tough life-changing decisions? They were able to do this because they chose to hear the Voice of God who has all authority and power over every situation that anyone of us will ever face! The key word that keeps repeating itself in this post is the word "chose." These individuals made a conscious and concise decision to hear from God and allow His Word and His Spirit to do a work in their lives. I was honored to join my faith with their faith and this morning during prayer I restated to God that I continue to join in faith with those faithful soldiers of Christ. Each one of them dared to go against the tide of human nature and look into the face of God and walk in the strength of His supernatural power. We are and we can be victorious in the mighty name of Jesus.
 
To be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment