Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Weekend Reflections, Part 2

I feel that it is necessary for me to continue sharing some observations that I believe the Spirit deposited in my heart. We often find it very easy and convenient to bemoan and decry the effects of sin in our society. I firmly believe that there is a time and place in which that is very much appropriate and necessary. BUT I also believe that we make sure that we give God equal if not more recognition for the release of His Light and His Presence in the midst of darkness. Simply complaining about the darkness is not the solution to the spiritual war in which we are engaged. Why are the cultural attitudes continuing to deteriorate and move away from God if simply complaining about the darkness was our answer? Is it not time for the "church" to be proactive rather than just reactive to what is going on around us? I witnessed a group of leaders and a group of worshippers on Saturday who chose to be proactive in their applause and recognition of the Light that is able to dispel and defeat the powers of darkness. It has been three (3) days since Impact yet the Spirit still is working in my heart regarding the testimonies and worship that were shared with those who attended this Outreach effort to our community.

I witnessed the varsity football coach, the baseball coach as well as the volleyball coach from one of our local high schools boldly stand and share their testimony concerning their personal relationship with Jesus Christ. They not only shared about their walk with Jesus but they had the audacity and courage to encourage those present that Christ was able to make a difference in their lives. They spoke from the heart and not just some prepared manuscript that someone had written for them. I truly believe that their honesty and sincerity had a major impact on those who listened. I can honestly declare that I was encouraged and I have been out of school for a "few" years. I would have been blessed to have known that my coaches and teachers were unashamed of their relationship with Christ. I applaud these educational leaders of our community who have a desire to impact the eternal destiny of their students as well as the educational destiny of their students. They have chosen to be a light in the midst of the darkness of this world. I understand that these teachers face some government limitations BUT the Holy Spirit is not hindered by these so called limitations. He will continue to work in spite of any efforts to stop Him.

I also witnessed students who openly offered their worship through songs, interpretative drama, skits and music. They also decided to be a light in the midst of the darkness of our world. They courageously demonstrated their love for God in front of their peers in the open setting of a park. They chose not to hide in a church building or a youth chapel; they chose to worship and pray with their friends and parents being present. I declare to you today that not all of the youth and children of this generation will accept and believe the lies of satan. They are choosing and will continue to choose to take the path of righteousness and right living. They will choose and are choosing to live their life under the guidance of the Word of God although the enemy of their soul seeks to ridicule them for their decision. This is where it becomes our opportunity to be involved in their lives as intercessors and encouragers. I also witnessed "adults" who were willing to attend this worship event as a show of support and concern. I witnessed adults who chose to clap their hands, listen to rap music, and even try their hand or should I say feet at a few new dance steps for Jesus. Did I just hear a witness for Jesus in the audience of readers today?

I encourage you to remember these statements. This is not the time to give up on ANYONE! Keep praying! Keep trusting! Keep releasing your faith! Keep sharing the Love of God! Keep sharing your testimony with others! Keep supporting and loving the children and youth of your community (especially those of your household)!

To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment