Friday, June 6, 2014

God is Watching You

2 Chronicles 16:9a, "For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him..." (NKJ)

Each of us can sense the blessings of God when we remember that there are people that truly care about us. We rejoice in the fact that God has placed people in our lives who want to see us succeed in life. These people can be our family, close friends as well as our brothers and sisters in Christ. We can celebrate the fact that these individuals are truly interested in our well-being and they will assist us in any manner that they can so that we can accomplish our goals in life. I immediately think of many individuals who have made a wonderful investment in my personal life. These special people and wonderful thoughts bring a smile to my face and a warm feeling of appreciation flows from my heart as I write these words.

This morning a line from an old song went through my spirit as I was praying. A portion of the song declares "...His eyes are on the sparrow and I know (emphasis added) that He watches over me..." I then began to reflect on the promise declared in the above mentioned passage. The True Shepherd knows us by name and He understands all of the cares, anxieties, challenges and struggles that we face on a daily basis. Nothing that happens to us is ever out of His sight. God does not have "blind spots" when it comes to His children. I know that the enemy is prowling and looking for an opportunity to devour us but "the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him." 

Each of you who read this blog post today need to be reminded as I was this morning that NOTHING is ever hidden from God. He is always aware of each of us and He has promised never to leave or forsake us. We have those days in which we feel overwhelmed (I write that from experience and not just the observation of others). But it is during those moments that we make the critical decision to lift our eyes to God and realize that His eyes are already looking at us. God is never caught off guard when it comes to the care and concern for His children. You can rest in the fact that God loves you and that you are never out of His sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment