Monday, June 2, 2014

Monday Morning Praise

Psalm 92:1-3, "It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises to the Most High. It is good to proclaim your unfailing love in the morning,your faithfulness in the evening, accompanied by the ten-stringed harp and the melody of the lyre." (NLT)

I don't have anything dramatic or prophetic to share but I do believe that it is inspired as well as IMPORTANT. I believe that God reminded me of the importance of Praise during my time of prayer this morning. I am like everyone else in this manner; I have personal needs for which I am praying as well as joining with others in praying for their needs to be met. It is easy for our "praise" to become silent as we look at all that we are facing as well as the needs that others are facing.

This morning God reminded me that I needed to see the needs through the "eyes of praise." The Spirit reminded me that I often hear testimonies from others and soon forget the encouraging words that I heard. I even forget many of the blessings that God has provided for me when I am faced with a new set of challenges and situations. But praise encourages me to remember the unfailing love of God as well as His faithfulness to His promises. Praise encourages me to trust God to meet the needs that I am presently facing. Praise encourages me to push past doubt and embrace faith as I observe all that is going on around me. 

The services this weekend encouraged me to remember the goodness and greatness of God regardless of the situations. The services reminded me to remember that God still performs the miraculous in spite of those people who say that miracles stopped centuries ago. I don't think those people who have received a miracle would necessarily agree with the previous statement. "The hand of God is not shortened..." I was able to witness a young man surrender his life to Christ on Sunday morning. I feel another praise coming on as I write these words.

I will stop and offer to you the opportunity to share your praises with God. "It is good to give thanks to the Lord,to sing praises to the Most High."

No comments:

Post a Comment