Monday, June 9, 2014

Weekend Thoughts

Monday morning is always a time of reflection for me as I review the church service on Sunday. But I also need to admit that there are very few days that go by without me thinking about the previous sermon(s). I am always seeking to remember what I said as well as I what I feel that the Spirit would have me to declare to the congregation that I am addressing. It is during my time of prayer that I am asking God to let me "speak form His heart to His people." I believe that it is truly important to hear from God and not just hear from a man or a woman who thinks that they have heard from God. There is a difference if you will think about the words that I just shared.

The following words should not have to be said but I will identify the "elephant in the room." We (the family of God) need to hear the instructions and directions of the Heavenly Father in this critical time of our existence. I firmly believe that God will guide and direct our hearts if we will make the commitment to seek after Him. Yesterday I spoke (some will call it preaching) about our need to connect or engage God in a time of instruction. It seems that the spirit of the enemy has created the illusion that church, God and worship is boring and that it can not hold your attention. I personally am offended by that declaration and presentation of the enemy. How can you say that the God of all creation is boring, dull, or out of touch with you and your life? Can't you see the daily involvement of God in your life? Can't you see the daily blessings of God? You may say, Preacher I don't see what you are writing about. But is it entirely possible that you have not taken the time to survey your life? We would be surprised if each of us would put our grumbling on pause and honestly recognize the goodness of God. The end result of that attitude would place praise in our heart, hope in our life and thankfulness in our worship!!!

Why not accept the challenge that I just extended to each of us?

No comments:

Post a Comment