Friday, March 13, 2015

Reflections

Romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (NIV)

I don't know if I can say that I fully understand this scripture passage. There are some days that I accept this principle that is declared and there are other days that I somewhat scratch my head and look to find God in the circumstances of that day. That observation would apply to my personal life as well as to the lives of those people that I serve on a daily basis. But I have come to this conclusion; I will continue to trust God and look to Him as my source of salvation, hope, strength, guidance, encouragement, etc. I have no desire to look to any other source for the needs that I have in my life.

I have encountered several different individuals dealing with various challenges, difficulties, and even blessings during this week of my life. Some of these encounters revolved around times of "ministry" while others were encounters that centered around casual conversation. But I recognized one common element in each of these encounters; people were trying to understand the moment in which they were living at the present time. Each of these individuals were trying to "make sense" (I know that is an "old school term) out of the moment of their life so that they could make a good decision about their response. I believe that each of them desired to put a "good game plan" into action so that their reaction to their environment would be an appropriate one. 

Deep down I knew the appropriate thoughts that I as well as them should have at that moment. I as well as them would need to look to a power that was greater than our limited understanding. That source of power and authority was God and not any human ability or human approach to meeting that particular need. That would be true in my life as I sought to minister to them as their Pastor as well as in their life as they were facing the situation. Each of us could take confidence in the fact that God was at work in the situation even if I or they could not recognize or sense Him at that moment. We can rely on the fact that God will never, ever abandon us as we travel the road called LIFE!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment