Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Greatness of God

Psalm 145:3, "Great is the Lord! He is most worthy of praise! No one can measure his greatness." (NLT)

The words of the song, "How Great is our God" has been placed in my spirit as I have prayed the past two mornings. I know that the scripture passage in Psalm 145 is true but it seems that the Spirit desires to remind me about the power and presence of this description of God. Let us be honest with each other; there are times in life that it is NECESSARY TO BE REMINDED ABOUT THE GREATNESS OF GOD. Life is full of challenges for certain but it is also true that life is full of blessings that bring great benefits to the children of God.

Let me share a portion of the way that God reminded me of His greatness. A Pastor's daily schedule usually contains a certain amount of prayer needs and a certain amount of testimonies or praise reports. I am sure that Pastors receive a variety of requests from the congregation that they serve. Let me encourage everyone this morning that has ever shared a request for prayer with someone. Make sure that you take the time to share the testimony of victory with those that you contacted for prayer. It will be a moment of strength for you and it will serve as an encouragement to the person who has prayed in agreement with you.

Let me share a brief scenario with you this morning. This happened to me on Monday and God used it to teach me about His greatness. I received a call concerning a child having surgery, "Great is the Lord." We prayed and the surgery was successful, "Great is the Lord." A lady's Mother was admitted to the hospital and she asked for prayer, "Great is the Lord." A young man sent a text asking for immediate prayer. He is doing better today, "Great is the Lord." A lady had a lung biopsy on Monday, she is still awaiting the results but "Great is the Lord." I could list several other needs that came across my desk on Monday but can I say it one more time; "GREAT IS THE LORD."

Let US REMEMBER that no matter what set of circumstances that you are facing; "Great is the Lord." Bring your need to Him in faith believing and realize that God has the power and authority over EVERYTHING THAT CAN COME AGAINST US. 

Have a good day and remember; "Great is the Lord! He is most worthy of praise! No one can measure his greatness."

No comments:

Post a Comment