Monday, March 23, 2015

Strength is found in God

James 1:12, "Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him." (NIV)

This passage of scripture spoke to my heart this morning as soon as I read it. I immediately reflected on our Sunday service at New River. In my mind's eye I could see the hands being raised for requests and the voices of those who were calling out the names of various individuals. I could remember those individuals who are on my personal prayer list and my earnest desire to see God minister to the needs in their lives. But even more importantly I could remember looking into the faces of different ones that we prayed with in the service on Sunday. But I also remembered that they were not without hope. Their hope and confidence is in the Risen Savior who truly cares about the issues of life that we are facing.

For several minutes of my prayer time the Spirit "parked" my heart in the promise of God that is found in one of the Apostle Paul's prayers. Paul was seeking God for deliverance from a particular battle or struggle that he was facing. Let me remind you of what God reveals to him in 2 Corinthians 12:9, "And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (Emphasis added) (NKJV)

Someone who will read this blog today needs to hear that promise and remember the promise that God has made to us. His grace is sufficient regardless of the situation. His grace is sufficient regardless of the disease. His grace is sufficient regardless of the sin. His grace is sufficient regardless of the anxiety or stress you are facing. His grace is sufficient and is GREATER THAN ANYTHING THAT ANY OF US ARE FACING TODAY.

Stand with courage and strength as you face your challenges today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment