Monday, March 16, 2015

Thoughts to Consider

Colossians 3:12-15, "Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. 13 Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.14 Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. 15 And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful." (NLT)

I must confess that I was very much challenged through this passage of scripture as I read it this morning. I will share my initial thought with you; "Do I practice this passage of Biblical teaching on a daily basis?" I must admit that there are days in which I am better at following these instructions than I am at other days. Take a moment and reflect on those difficult people and difficult situations before you judge me too quickly.

Verse 12 initially grabbed my attention but the further I read the more I sensed the challenge that the Spirit through Paul was extending to the Body of Christ. I fully believe and preach that Christ paid the price for our sins on the cross and that we can not "earn" our salvation. BUT I DO BELIEVE that Christians must assume responsibility when it comes to our actions with as well as toward our fellow believers. We must be willing to submit to the Spirit of Christ and operate under His influence, direction and guidance. I will admit that the challenges of this passage are very unique but undoubtedly God knows that we are capable of fulfilling these actions with and toward one another. 

This season of Lent allows us the opportunity to look at ourselves and identify areas of our life in which we desire for God to strengthen us. I believe this is an area in which I desire for God to strengthen my walk with Him. I desire to show greater love, care and concern for the family of God. I will ask the same question that Mr. O'Reilly on Fox News asks, "How say you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment