Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Urgent Reminders

Over the past few days the Spirit has used various sources to remind me of the need to obey what I feel God has placed in my heart. I sincerely believe that God is calling for Christians to be awakened from our spiritual sleep and slumber. We are being challenged to be alert and aware of the schemes, devices and tactics of the enemy. Paul wrote about this condition/situation to the church in Ephesus. God has used reading material to encourage my heart. God has used the words of others to encourage me. God has even used the prayers of others as they asked God to provide the strength that I need to share what God has deposited in my heart. All I can say is; "THANK YOU JESUS FOR WHAT YOU ARE PLACING IN MY HEART."

Earlier today God used George Washington or at least the words of George Washington to continue pointing me in the right direction. Would you take a moment and let this challenge that was written 236 years ago speak hope, encouragement, strength, reminder and revelation to you today?

General George Washington, Commander-in-Chief of the Continental Army, proclaimed a day of "fasting, humiliation and prayer" for May 6, 1779 (emphasis added).  He then ordered a one-day cessation of recreation and "unnecessary labor" so that his soldiers could observe the day.

A.W. Tozer warned that "the creeping wilderness will soon take over that church that trusts in its own strength and forgets to watch and pray."  

Are we willing to join with these two individuals and turn away from our strength, our arrogance, and our dependency on ourselves and turn our hearts toward God? 

No comments:

Post a Comment