Thursday, October 9, 2008

Heart for God

I am preparing my heart for the revival meetings in the next few weeks. The schedule for the fall is going to be very busy but I am excited about the opportunities to minister in the various churches. As I was preparing some bio information for a Pastor this morning I was reminded about a prayer that God placed in my heart several years ago. He reminded me that I was interested in what others thought about me and what I was doing in the Kingdom of God but it had been a long time since I had asked Him what He thought about what I was doing in His Kingdom. Today God reminded me that I still needed to be asking for His heart to be revealed to me not just in a ministerial manner but in the personal manner of my relationship with Him. How long has it been since you asked God what was He thinking regarding your life and what your life was releasing in this world? Are you more interested in the thoughts of others more than you are in the thoughts of God toward your walk with Him? This is the time to be honest and open with God; we do not need to ignore the heart of God and what He desires to deposit in our lives. I re-commit to seeking after the "heart of God" every day of my life. I desire to hear Him say "well done thou good and faithful servant."

No comments:

Post a Comment