Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Looking Ahead

It is such a joy to be able to serve the Lord. Although we are surrounded by great challenges we can look ahead by faith and realize that God is very present with us at all times. God not only lives in our past but He is living in our future. I desire to learn to trust Him more; I want to be faithful in all that God is calling us to do. Faith will provide the means of my spiritual success; I must walk by faith and not by sight. All of us are facing situations, circumstances and challenges that can discourage us but as we keep our hearts focused on God we can realize that He is leading us down the road of victory. Do not be discouraged today; lift your heart toward God and be reminded that He is Sovereign over all situations. As I am writing I felt led to ask you to pray with me for our nation. Will we allow God to speak to us at this critical time in our history? Will we look not only at our financial challenges but also look at the spiritual needs that are among us? Have we walked away from God and endeavoured to walk in our own strength? O God, open our eyes so that we can see You at work drawing us near to You?

No comments:

Post a Comment