Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Scripture of the Day

The revival service last night was very challenging. The Lord taught us that we are living in the days of challenge, anxiety, stress, and demonic oppression. But in the midst of these days God is raising up in our hearts a greater desire to serve Him and follow Him into greater victories. If I am going to walk in the strength of this victory I must learn to lean on the promises of God. The Lord led me to one of those promises this morning and I would like to share it with you. Isaiah 43:1-3, "Listen to the Lord who created you...the One who formed you says, Do not be afraid. For I have ransomed you. I have called you by name: you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, Your God, the Holy One of Israel, Your Savior." (NLT) All of us will face times in which we are required to trust God. There are times that we will face challenges and situations which are greater than our ability to handle them. It is at those times that we release our faith and realize that God will see us through those challenging moments. Today is the day to release your faith and allow Him to strengthen you in the day of battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment