Thursday, April 30, 2009

Looking to God

I find myself facing the same challenge that many of you experience; "Where am I looking for direction and guidance?" All of us feel the pull of this culture who teaches us to trust in ourselves, trust in our skills, trust in our abilities, and trust in our knowledge. Yet, God is calling us to trust in Him and look to Him. David said that he would look to God for his help. David understood that God was his strength and help in time of trouble. During prayer this morning the Spirit kept reminding me to keep my concentration on God and the provisions that He has prepared for my life. Do I consistently look to Him or do I just cast a casual glance His way when I am facing a time of crisis or a time of decision or a time of need? I must not allow my life to become one that does not fully focus on His Providence, focus on His Presence, and focus on His Provision. He is still Jehovah-Jireh, our Provider. Will you commit to looking to Him everyday with every need that you face? Allow the Spirit to deposit this desire in your heart today; do not allow this enemy to replace your desire for God with anything else. We are in great need for our desires to be set on God and the provisions that He has prepared for us. The presence of God was with us in each of the services in Franklinton. The New Beginnings Church under the leadership of Pastor Richard Sauls is positioning themselves for a greater awakening of the Spirit. I was blessed by the spirit of hunger and thirst for more of God that was released in each of the services. People of all ages were responding in tears and praises to God looking to Him for more His Spirit to be released in their lives. Each of them and each of us need to remember this one great principle. One of the keys that opens the door of blessings is found in surrender and obedience. We must find those "keys" and not misplace them again. Jesus was an example of full obedience and surrender and we need to follow the example of our Leader and Chief Shepherd. Oh God, help me and help these readers to understand that you are looking for obedient people and for those who will surrender their lives to You. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment