Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Praying for our Nation

I will take a moment of your time and share the burden that the Lord placed on my heart this morning. I sincerely feel that God is calling many of us to intercessory prayer. We are sensing the need for intense prayer to be offered for the needs that God brings to our attention. Often during the course of my prayer time God will place a special emphasis on my heart and I will follow the leading of His Spirit and begin to intercede for that particular need. Many of you have experienced that same unction of the Spirit. I take this opportunity to encourage you to make yourself available to God and allow Him to direct your prayer time. This morning I felt a great burden for our nation. We are in great need for a spiritual awakening to touch our lives at this critical moment in our history. I began to ask God to forgive us of our idolatry. We have replaced the true and living God with many false gods who do not have the ability to save us. We have looked to ourselves and not to God. I asked God to forgive us for allowing the spirit of wickedness and evil to have such an influence in our society. I asked Him to forgive us for moving away from the moral compass of right and wrong. We are in desperate need for the spiritual leaders of our nation to arise with unction and anointing and lead us back to the cross and back to a relationship with Jesus Christ. How far have we drifted from God? How far have you and me drifted from God? What "gods" have we allowed to dominate our lives and have we allowed these "gods" to direct our decisions? We must resist the spirit of this culture and find our strength as we draw close to God. Who will join me in this spiritual battle? Several years ago I saw a poster in the Youth Ministry area of our local church; the poster declared "Making war on the Floor", which referred to the power of intercessory prayer. Will you join me in declaring "War on the Floor" as we pray for revival in America? It is not too late to cry out for God and His grace to be released in our lives! The services at Portland have been wonderful each evening. Every night God has released a fresh move of His presence and people have responded to the call from God. Many battles are being won and many lives are being changed. This is the day to commit to serving God with all of your heart, soul, strength and might. God is ready to lead if we will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment