Monday, April 13, 2009

Weekend Review

Pastor Edward Ferrell and the Portland, TN church offered me a warm welcome into the fellowship of their local church. I was given the privilege to worship with them on Easter Sunday. I was also given the privilege to share the message as we celebrated Resurrection Sunday. I trust that each of you took the time to remember the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. Because He lives we can face tomorrow and we can understand that Christ has triumphed over the powers of then enemy. I am glad that it does not take a date on my calendar to remind me of the resurrection power of Jesus Christ; I sense Him at work in my daily life and I realize that I want to know Him more and more as I see His return approaching. I trust that you enjoyed your time of worship on Sunday; we were blessed with two wonderful services with the altar being filled each service with people seeking for presence of God to manifest Himself in their daily lives. I am glad that God does desire to draw near to us during the challenging times of our lives. I want to encourage you today to continue seeking the direction of God for your life. Each of us need the Lord's plan to be revealed to us and we need the strength to follow that plan. God is looking for people who will trust in Him. I am asking the Lord each day to help me trust Him more and more. The promise of the Lord can be found in Psalm 84:12, "O Lord of hosts, Blessed is the man who trusts in You!" (NKJV) I am being reminded that I do not walk by sight but I walk by faith. Faith encourages me to look beyond the clouds, beyond the storms, and beyond the battles. Faith encourages me to look for the presence of God and the revelation of His strength in my life. Faith causes me to offer worship and praise to God even when I am facing a struggle in my life. Faith cause me seek the face of God even when the enemy is telling me that my prayers will not be answered. Faith fills me with hope that the answer I need is found in my relationship with Jesus Christ. On this post-resurrection morning, remember that the tomb is still empty and that Christ reigns on Monday morning as well as Resurrection Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment