Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend Review

This week finds me in Franklinton, NC with Pastor Richard and Melisha Sauls. The Sunday services were very anointed and encouraging as the people opened their hearts to the presence of the Spirit of God. In each of the Sunday services the altar was full of people who were crying out to God to provide the ministry that they needed. It is always such an overwhelming experience to see men and women open their hearts to God and with tears streaming down their faces begin to seek for a Divine encounter with the Lord God Almighty. We were blessed with testimonies of victory and deliverance as the move of the Spirit was evident in the services. These type of meetings remind me of the need to stay in pursuit of all that God has planned for our lives. We are living in a time of great turmoil and crisis; yet in this midst of these times God is a present help in our time of trouble. We must remember to stay focused on the greatness of God and His desire to walk with us through the challenges of life. As I was praying this morning the Lord reminded me of the need for my life to be "Spirit driven." The culture and attitudes of this world are seeking to influence our decision making process. The pull of the flesh and carnal desires are seeking to influence our decision making process. An automobile can only have one driver (although many of us listen to the voices of the "back seat driver") for the journey to be a safe one. We need to make sure that the Spirit is the One that is moving us through the journey of life. We must be careful and not allow the voice of the "back seat driver" direct our soul and heart. Christ, and Christ alone must be allowed to lead and direct our journey. He knows the road that we are traveling and He understands the perils that we will face. I am learning that I must surrender my life into His hands so that He can fully direct my steps and order my path. But that surrender must be more than words; I must willingly place my life in His hands and allow Him to direct my journey. This spiritual decision requires my active participation with God and His plan for my life. Be ready to join God on the journey of your life as you watch Him plan your future and direct your path.

No comments:

Post a Comment