Thursday, June 25, 2009

Affirmation, Part 4

Many books and even some songs have been written about our pursuit of God and I have personally read several of these and I have been challenged by the inspiration of the author. But we should not forget that the Bible is a story of how God pursues us (at least in my opinion). We can glean this fact through the presentation of the law, God sent the Prophets to declare both His blessings as well as judgments, and finally Jesus Christ came to fully reveal the love of God to fallen mankind. Why does God "pursue" us through the revelation of Jesus Christ? Christ has come to redeem and rescue us from sin, and restore us to a right relationship with God. It is through that right relationship with God that we can become the person God created us to be. The true blessing of affirmation rests in the knowledge that God cares enough about me that He desires to redeem me. We allow the world to place artificial worth on us through our wealth, our appearance, our possessions and even through the friendships that we develop. Do not allow your self-worth to be determined by the these artificial measurements because they will change very quickly. In many cases these artificial measurements are based on the opinion of the one who sets the standard. I choose and I encourage you to choose the recognition of the value that God has placed on us; He values me so much that He has desired to adopt me into His family and call me his son. My, what a blessing to think that the Great Eternal God who needs no one to validate His worth or power chooses to fellowship with me on a daily person. This thought in and of itself can give your self-confidence a great boost of encouragement as you realize that God truly desires to be involved in your daily journey through life. Lift up your heart to God today and allow Him to encourage you in all the ways that you need. Personal Note: Ann's recovery continues to go well from the automobile accident. Her mobility is limited at this moment but we are thankful for the healing that is taking place. We continue to ask for your continued prayers in her recovery process.

No comments:

Post a Comment