Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekend Review

I am in Autryville, NC (near Fayetteville) at the Mt. Carmel Church with Pastor Warren and Pat Barfield. The Barfield's son, Warren JR., wrote some of the music and songs for the movie, Fireproof. He is a very accomplished Contemporary Christian singer and song writer and travels extensively throughout the U.S. Pastor Barfield and the local church welcomed me to the revival and many of them were and are anticipating a mighty outpouring of the Holy Spirit. If yesterday's services was any indication of how the week will progress then we are being prepared for a move of the Spirit. My heart hungers to see God overwhelm us with His presence and with His holiness in such a manner that everyone present leaves the place transformed by the greatness of God. I fully believe that God is interested in the power of transformation taking place in our lives. Too many times we settle for entertainment but God's priority is complete transformation. The old song said it this way; "I want leave here the same way I came in Jesus' name." I am claiming that promise for myself as well as for the revival meeting. As I began to minister yesterday the Lord placed this thought in my heart. God desires for His people to be attached to Him and the enemy seeks to do all in his power to bring detachment in our lives. The enemy seeks to use the trials of life to bring a sense of defeat which will in turn try to detach me from the presence of God. But Jesus plainly taught us the principle of attachment in John 15. Listen to the words of Jesus in John 15:4, "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me." (NKJV). Later on Jesus reminds us "...for without Me you can do nothing." Reflect on this truth the next time the enemy comes against you to pull and push you away from God. The enemy seeks to break your "connection" with God and he will do all in his power to accomplish his goal. I want to remain connected to God and to His purpose and plan for my life. I realize that without Him I can do nothing and that I have nothing to offer to this troubled world. Let us lift our eyes to Christ and desire to remain committed and connected to the Living Bread and to the Living Water that will direct our steps if we will surrender to Him. Be blessed this week as you continue your journey with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment