Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Can You Hear Me Now? (God)

Proverbs 12:1, "Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction is stupid." (NKJV)

This week God has dealt with my heart concerning perception.  There is a great need to recognize the presence of God which will bring the direction of God for my life.  But we must do more than just identify that God is present; we must decide to listen to His Voice and make preparation to follow the direction of God.  I will not be able to follow the direction of God if I am living in a state of rebellion or disobedience.  I (we) must learn to accept correction; in all honesty we know that accepting correction is not always easy to receive.  In some cases we think that we know more about the situation than the one who is offering the correction (human correction).  But we must realize that God is always correct and that His discipline or correction is meant for our well being and not our destruction.  Hebrews 12:5-7, "And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as sons: My son, do not despise the chastening (discipline) of the Lord, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; For whom the Lord loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives.  If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?"  (NKJV)

These verses have challenged me to re-examine my view of the discipline of God.  God's discipline is meant for my good; He seeks to use His discipline as a means to develop my spiritual character.  His discipline is issued from the heart of love and concern for my well being.  God's discipline provides the strength that I need to successfully continue my journey down the road of life.  I want to receive the discipline of God as a "son" and not resist the instruction that God provides.  Let us re-consider the reasoning behind the correction of God and receive His discipline so that we can reach our spiritual potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment