Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend Services

This week finds me in Middlesex, NC at the Gold Valley church with Pastor Jim and Judy Dickerson. This is my first trip to this local church and I am honored that Pastor Dickerson has invited me to share the Word of God with this local body of believers. The services on Sunday went very well; the Praise and Worship Team done an awesome job leading us into the presence of the Lord. I am always blessed when the songs of praise support the theme of the message that God has laid on my heart. It is such a reminder from the Spirit that He will direct the hearts of those people who truly seek His face. We must remember that our dependence is on the Lord and not in the strength of our abilities. We are unable to meet the needs of people but Christ is able to draw near to us and He fully understands and comprehends the needs of our lives. It is no wonder that we are blessed through the privilege to Worship that affords us the opportunity to express our sincere appreciation to God for His loving care that is released into our lives on a daily basis. We must never forget the daily presence of God and the daily care that He releases toward us. I was blessed as I saw people in both of the Sunday services come forward and begin to express their needs to God. On the basis of the promises of God I can offer hope and opportunity to people who come forward and seek God for those situations that each of us face on a daily basis.

The end of last week was very busy; each of you can understand the life of being busy. I was able to minister Thursday night in a wonderful service at New River Ministries in Radcliff, KY. The mighty presence of God is very evident each time we gather together in Radcliff; I am truly excited about the future opportunities that God will bring to those who are attending New River. Friday was a time to catch up on grandfather time. I was able to spend some time with my children and grandchildren as well as my wife. One of our grandsons, Luke, will be celebrating his 6th birthday this week; he is very excited about his party on Thursday. I will miss his party but I will be thinking about him. I have said it often, but I will say it one more time; I am blessed with a wonderful family who offers their support to me and to the call of God that I sense in my life. My wife is such a blessing and God certainly uses her to encourage me as well as other people that she interacts with on a daily basis. She directed the Kentucky State Ladies Conference a few weekends ago and God used her and her staff to minister to the ladies that were present at the Conference. I am very proud and blessed by the gifts that God has placed in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment