Friday, May 21, 2010

Plans of God

I traveled home Wednesday evening after the service in Decatur, AL.  I firmly believe that God spoke hope, strength, and encouragement into the lives of those who attended the meeting.  There were several churches from the surrounding communities who participated in the meeting; their support and participation was deeply appreciated.  The Biblical principle of unity and agreement was demonstrated as people from various local churches gathered to lift up the name of the Lord.  The presence of the Lord could be sensed among us as we laid aside our "identities" and pursued the Kingdom of God.  It is such a blessing to be a part of a service in which we chose to lay aside our individual plans or agendas and seek for the plan of God.  There is a great reward of spiritual transformation when we are able to focus our attention on those things that God has planned for our lives.

Last night found me in Radcliff, KY at New River Ministries.  Once again the Lord reminded those in attendance of the plans that He has for us individually as well as collectively.  God has made preparations for our future.  He has planned for our spiritual maturity and our spiritual development.  I must constantly seek to surrender my will to God's will.  I must constantly seek to surrender my plans to His plans.  I must constantly seek to surrender my ways to His ways.  I firmly believe that I will notice a difference in my walk with God as I understand the true spiritual freedom that I can enjoy as I walk in the power of surrender to the Lord God Almighty.  Isaiah reminds us that the ways and thoughts of God are so much higher than the ones that I possess for myself.  I certainly desire to maintain the principle of surrender in my life.  Each of us need to live in the knowledge that God has plans for our lives and those plans can be fulfilled as we walk in surrender and agreement with our Savior and Friend.  Take the step of faith today; renew your commitment to the plan of God for your life.  Let God know that you are prepared to follow Him into your present and into your future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment