Thursday, May 27, 2010

Need vs. Supply

Many of you who read this blog are facing specific needs in your lives or someone that you know is facing their own unique set of circumstances.  Some of these other people are our family or close friends that are walking a difficult road at this time in their life.  How do we stay encouraged and how do we encourage others who are facing the challenges of life?  I have always desired to be an "encourager"; as a matter of fact I list that "calling" on the business card that I use to introduce myself.  I have come this morning to encourage myself as well as encourage you.  There are several members of my immediate family who are facing some difficulties this morning but we have to remember that God is in charge of our lives and that He is working to bring us through these moments of test and trial that we are facing.

A familiar passage in the Bible has been on my heart the past few days.  I was awakened this morning with this verse being rehearsed in my mind.  It is found in Philippians 4:19, "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus" (NKJV).  We base our faith on the knowledge that God declares that He has the reservoir of riches to meet the demand of the needs of humanity.  We base our faith on "His riches" and not on the ability of the flesh or the strength of man.  The guarantee on our automobile, our appliances, etc. are based on the ability of the company to stand behind the guarantee that the company has made.  We can place our confidence in God; He has the resources to stand behind the promises that He has made.  My challenge is to continue to believe; I see my need, but I must not forget His resources!  We must remember that His resources are greater than my need or the need of others that I know.  I must continue to trust in the promises of God and remind myself that He has already provided for me on previous occasions.  Let us remember to offer praise and thanksgiving to God as we ask the Father to meet our needs in these present moments of challenge.  He was with us in our yesterdays, He is with us today and He will be with us in our tomorrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment