Monday, May 10, 2010

Weekend Review

The past few days have found me away from the computer and unable to post any updates concerning my travels and the services in which I was involved.  I trust that each one of you enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day as we celebrated those Mothers who live among us as well as remembering those Mothers who have already passed away and received their eternal reward for their faithful examples to their families.  I am truly blessed with a wonderful Mother and awesome wife.  I thank God for those "spiritual Mothers" that God has placed in my life through the years of my travel on this earth; God has allowed these women to serve as examples to me as well as teach me the heart of service to the people of God.  We must never forget those people who have made an investment in our lives.

The last two services at the Gold Valley church in Middlesex, NC were powerfully anointed.  You could certainly sense the presence of God speaking to our hearts and reminding us of His ability to work His will in our lives if we would make the commitment to surrender ourselves to God.  One lady made this comment to me following the Thursday night service; "It felt as though the Holy Spirit and the Word of God took me into the living room of God."  I think her comment spoke what many of us were feeling.  We must become "comfortable" in the presence of God and realize that He desires to finish the process of spiritual development that He has begun in us.  I encourage you to continue the development of your relationship of love and surrender to God.  God is at work in His Kingdom and we need to allow the "Kingdom of God to come and His will be done" in our individual lives.

Thursday was National Day of Prayer across our nation.  There has been much controversy surrounding the Day of Prayer this year but the Lord reminded me that we do not need to have a Presidential Declaration to see the need to pray for our nation.  There is no doubt that our nation is in spiritual trouble and that we have a great need for a spiritual awakening that can only come from the presence of God.  Will each of us answer the call and begin to seek the face of God and ask for Divine intervention in the affairs of our land? Each Day needs to be a NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER as we consistently seek the face of God for the needs that we are facing.

Sunday found me ministering in Radcliff, KY at New River Ministries.  We are working with a great group of people who have a desire to reach out to people in the Radcliif/Fort Knox area of KY.  Please contact me if you have family or friends who either live in this area of KY or maybe they are stationed at Fort Knox.  We would be glad to contact them and invite them to the services that we are conducting.  I feel that the Spirit led me to challenge the congregation that we are in need of people who are willing to be live a life that exemplifies a true commitment to Christ.  We must have Christian examples so that we can see faith lived out in our lives.  We must have more than just information about God; we are in need of people who will show us God through their daily lives.  God is "recruiting" people who will be willing to live in such a manner that their faith and spiritual lifestyle is noticed by those whom they interact with on a daily basis.  These times of interaction should be with our family as well as our friends.  I firmly believe that many of us have a desire to surrender to this "recruitment" process and that God will use us to be a blessing to those people that God has placed in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment