Friday, September 10, 2010

Friendships

I desire to share an important principle with you today.  I will share some other thoughts concerning the Spiritual Stimulus Package in the near future.

I am participating in two weddings this weekend.  Each of these weddings represent unique relationships that my wife and I have developed with these individuals throughout the past years of our life.  These weddings have reminded me of the blessing of the development of what I will call "long term friendships."  Each of us have had those friends who were only a part of our lives for a very brief time; life either took them in another direction or life took us in another direction.  But we also have encountered those friends that regardless of the direction of their life or your life you were able to maintain a strong steady relationship regardless of the changes that you encountered.  My wife has been friends with Linda since the 5th grade of elementary school; their friendship has spanned 47 years.  Life has not allowed them to leave near each other for over 37 years yet I am amazed to hear them talk on the phone; they just share with each other as though they lived next door to one another.  It is always amazing to see the love and kindness that exists between them when they are able to physically visit with each other on those rare occasions.  Friendship is such a rare and wonderful gift that we need to treasure and appreciate. 

I have sensed the Lord reminding me of this blessing as we have been able to renew friendships that were established several years ago.  It will be an honor to stand and officiate these wedding ceremonies this weekend for people who have played a major role in our family through the years.  Let us recommit to cherishing our friends and family and realize that each of them are one of the gifts that God has given to us to assist us on our journey through life.  Have a great weekend!  Take time to speak with one your dear friends and let them know how much you appreciate their friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment