Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Turning to God

Is it possible that the modern day church overlooks the passages of scriptures that place requirements on us?  Is it possible that people who have desired to escape the challenges of legalism find it easy to justify themselves as they ignore Biblical passages that require a response to God?  Is it possible that those people who desire to live under the influence of grace also seek to ignore any passage that may place requirements on them?  Each of us understand that we need to live under the influence and direction of the blessings of God but many of these so called blessings are contingent on our obedience to the commands of God.  I do not intend for this post to be a harsh chastisement of the church body rather I desire it to be a reminder of our need to look at our individual as well as collective responsibility to the directives that come from God.  God's plan will work in our lives if we will allow it have the full effect on us.  My problem centers around this fleshly battle; there are times in which I consider my plan superior to the one that God has offered.  My unwillingness to submit to the directives of God causes me to walk in rebellion and disobedience.  Rebellion and disobedience hinder the flow of the Spirit in my heart and my life.  Rebellion and disobedience hinder my relationship with God who does have a plan and purpose for my life.  Many of us desire His plan and purpose but that plan and purpose comes with the need to submit to the conditional promises of God.  The conditional promises of God require the participation of each of us with God in the spirit of surrender and obedience.

I believe that 2 Chronicles is one of those conditional promises.  I look forward to the "God part" of the passage such as forgiving our sin and healing our land; but do I seriously consider my responsibility which is also stated in that same passage?  The passage also uses the words "humble themselves, pray, and seek my face, and turn from their (our) wicked ways."  Don't these words reflect our need to accept and live out our responsibility to God and to our fellow man?  The way that we respond to God is a personal matter between each of us and God.  I can not tell you what to do or how to apply these directives from God to your life but I do feel that it is my responsibility to bring these directives to your attention.  The church is in need of a great infusion of the presence and power of God.  The church is in need for the spirit of awakening and renewal to grip our hearts.  We are always looking for answers yet we find ourselves overlooking or in some cases simply ignoring the answers that we find in the Word of God.  I believe that I am writing to people who have come to this spiritual intersection and they are prepared to take the correct steps on their spiritual journey.  I can state emphatically that I am at that place on my journey and I am preparing my heart to follow the directives of the Word of God.  I encourage you today to be open to the leading of the Spirit and allow Him full freedom to direct your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment