Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Prayer

I have encouraged the opportunity of prayer on many occasions as I have shared my thoughts and inspirations with the readers of this blog.  A few days ago I began to write about the "Spiritual Stimulus Package" that is defined in 2 Chronicles 7.  If the church in America is going to expect different results from our spiritual activities then we must be willing to take the different steps that the writer describes in this passage of scripture.  An old statement comes to mind at this point in our war against the forces of evil and wickedness, "Desperate times call for desperate measures."  We must ask ourselves this question; "Am I (we) prepared to do whatever is necessary to see the Divine intervention that we so desperately need?"  We must further ask ourselves; "Am I (we) willing to put into practice those spiritual principles that will bring the favor of God on our individual life as well as corporate lives?"  I am not talking about some temporary state of "doing better with the prayer thing"; no, I am talking about a full commitment to the development of my prayer life.  The modern day church must redevelop the spiritual discipline and practice of PRAYER.  We must be willing to answer the call from God and respond to Him in faithful surrender and obedience.

Prayer is more than just a list of my wants and needs.  God is not our Spiritual Santa Claus to which we take our "wish list" and ask Him to bring what we want to make us happy.  Prayer is a time of open and honest conversation in which we talk to God but one in which we allow God to talk back to us.  Many of us have developed the thought process that prayer is just my opportunity to share my thoughts with God all the while ignoring His input into my life.  We must do some serious study and reflection on our prayer life.  Prayer affords me (us) the opportunity to develop my (our) relationship with the Heavenly Father.  Prayer affords me (us) the opportunity to learn more about the heart of God as well as learn more about the focus of my heart and my desires.  Prayer affords me (us) the opportunity to receive direction from God for my individual life as well as my participation in the corporate life of the Body of Christ.  Prayer opens to the door for me to walk in deeper fellowship and communion with God.  We must stop avoiding prayer and embrace the opportunity to pray.  Take some time today and get alone with God and just express your love and worship, you may be surprised at the response that you will receive from God.  I believe that God will welcome you with open arms as you develop your deeper relationship with the Lord God Almighty.  He stands ready to listen to the cry of your heart and He stands ready to respond to your worship and adoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment